I analyse some advice, some good, some bad by the founder of Gab, Andrew Torba. My intent is to assist others understand reality not to pull down a guy trying to do his best. Enjoy and learn!
Gab is a Social Media platform that claims to be a Twitter alternative. It has copped the ire of big-tech and has suffered commercially as a result. If it lasts, it is likely to be a biggie in due course.
Its founder Andrew Torba has issued advice at the bottom of a recent post which concerns me because of some fundamental errors, typical of American Christians.
I respond to each point.
1. Pull your positions out of their useless stock market and buy bitcoin, gold, silver, food stores, and ammo. Bitcoin is free speech money. Learn what it is and how to use it. Now.
Pull funds out of stocks – yes, this is wise. The stock market is likely to increase in the short term but is also planned to crash badly. Who knows when but it is definitely a controlled mechanism. Buy Bitcoin, no, and this is grossly unwise. Bitcoin has no inherent value, is based on the “bigger sucker theory” that there will be a bigger sucker coming along to offload his wealth to you. It is based upon the reverse of God’s intended ways (reducing trust in man, not increasing it) and it was established and is controlled by anonymous individuals – you know who! Precious metals along with property and land are an excellent form of wealth preservation but putting our faith in them though runs contrary to the Master’s advice.
2. National elections are a big distraction. Members of Congress are bought and sold like cattle by the oligarchs, foreign nations, and whoever has the money. Instead center your focus on getting American Populists and Christian men and women elected mayor, to state legislatures, as judges, on school boards, etc.
This advice is wise and based on fact. I hesitate to recommend, “American Populists and Christian men and women” per se because I am not American and I have found those who talk about their Christian faith and who want to lead others to be themselves full of it but the direction of returning to local and smaller is indeed at the centre of God’s heart.
3. Cut the cable cord. That includes both Fox and CNN. Do not watch it. Do something else with your time and money. Support alternative media outlets and individuals. Get that garbage marxist indoctrination content machine our of your home and away from your family.
Amen. I have not had a working television in my home for many years, deliberately.
4. Exit the Big Tech mind prison. Join Gab.
Sure! From the founder of Gab – of course!
5. If your church has gone “woke,” leave. We have room for only one Gospel in Christian churches and that’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not the imitation false gospel of “social justice.”
I agree but I take this a
little lot further than Andrew. His concept of “wokeness” as an error is limited to his recent revelations. When I was in Samoa, I wrote a book and provided materials to support the concept that all churches need to be escaped from. In my teaching I explain that subservience to any system of authority reduces the intimacy we have with the Master. It is not that any one church is wrong or that one is better than another, it is that ANYTHING that interferes with the direct relationship that we have with the Master through the Holy Spirit is a form of idolatry. It denies that immediacy of relationship that He seeks. It was that lost relationship way back when that broke the Creator’s heart, and it still is the same today. Like when our hands are shackled and our wife is hurting, the good ones just want to reach out and touch her to let her know that we are there. It’s good telling a neighbour to relay a message that we love her, but isn’t it better to be closer when you can?
6. Leave Big Banks for local community banks.
7. Start supporting small local shops.
I’ve put these together because the concept Andrew has here is the same – bring it local, smaller, more relationship rather than big, remote and distant. I’m reminded of the saying, Indian I think, “Small fire, people close. Big fire, people further apart!” But when it comes to money Andrew mentions nothing about monetary systems built upon usury. All Legal Tender currencies are accursed because they incur compounding interest. Big banks and little banks all settle with the same privately owned entity – the BIS!
8. Create pro-family, pro-business, and pro-law and order policies for your local area. We can’t control DC, but we can control what happens in our backyards.
Agreed, but let’s go further than this . . . let’s do only what He wants, nothing more and nothing less!
9. Pull your kids out of public schools where their minds are being molded at the altar of marxism. Do everything and anything you can to homeschool or attend Christian private schools or online schooling programs.
10. Pay attention to the brands you buy and support. Check out their websites and marketing. If they are “woke,” stop giving them your money. Period.